Getting More From Your Cybersecurity Investments
Organizations today are adopting new and emerging technologies faster than they can address the security issues these technologies create. Despite the increased challenge of managing risk and cyber threats, investments in cybersecurity are decreasing. Security managers are being asked to do more with less, and organizations want clearer demonstration of ROI on the cybersecurity investments they’ve already made. In this environment, it’s essential for security leaders to get more from their existing investments, to rethink traditional methods of mitigating risk, and to automate tasks wherever possible.
BitSight for Security Performance Management can help. With a suite of solutions that provides data-driven insight, context, and visibility, BitSight provides everything you need to enrich the security data you’re already collecting and maximize ROI on your cybersecurity investments.
Three Ways to Improve ROI on Cybersecurity Investments
There are three critical steps you can take to get more from the cybersecurity investments you’ve already made.
Remediate gaps within your existing tech stack
Cybersecurity threats play out today faster than ever. New vulnerabilities are constantly being exploited and attacks can escalate very quickly. As your attack surface grows, it’s essential to remediate any cybersecurity gaps such as unpatched systems or open ports that can lead to a breach or security incident. Gaining visibility into gaps such as shadow IT is critical to address potentially major threats to business operations. As your digital footprint expands, you need tools to discover these hidden assets, evaluate their risk, and bring them into line with corporate security policies. A proactive approach is essential – falling behind on implementing security updates or patching can lead to vulnerabilities that can be easily exploited.
Automate risk discovery and assessment processes
Traditional security processes are based on a reactive, tactical, alert-based methodology. In this approach to cybersecurity, teams are often inundated with alerts, including many false positives, that result in excessive escalation, delays in time-to-response, wasted manpower hours, and the potential for threats to slip through the cracks. By automating security practices, teams can shift to a more proactive, strategic, risk-based approach to security performance management. By prioritizing remediation efforts based on areas of highest risk, security teams can accomplish more with fewer resources.
Make strategic, data-driven decisions
With your digital ecosystem expanding even as your cybersecurity budget is shrinking, it’s essential to prioritize cybersecurity investments and resources for greatest impact. Data is the key to making more informed security decisions and ensuring you’re spending your security dollars effectively. To get the most out of your limited resources, you need data and metrics that deliver superior visibility into the performance of your security programs and insight into the risks across your ecosystem. Armed with the right intelligence and cyber security reports, you can identify paths to reduce cyber risk, better allocate resources, and meet rapidly changing standards for cybersecurity programs.
BitSight for Security Performance Management
BitSight for Security Performance Management provides a risk-based, outcome-driven approach to managing cybersecurity programs – and getting the most from cybersecurity investments. BitSight’s solution uses broad measurement, continuous monitoring, detailed cybersecurity planning, and forecasting to effectively reduce cyber risk, even with shrinking cybersecurity budgets. With BitSight, you get the tools and data-driven insights needed to optimize ROI of your existing technology, prioritize limited resources for greatest impact, and drive operational efficiency in your risk management programs.
A Comprehensive Suite of Security Performance Solutions
BitSight for Security Performance Management offers a suite of tools that help security teams get more from the cybersecurity investments they’ve already made.
- BitSight Security Ratings are a data-driven and dynamic measurement of an organization’s cybersecurity performance. Using externally observable data on a variety of security issues, BitSight Security Ratings help to identify gaps in your security controls, automate risk assessment through continuous monitoring, and deliver the intelligence security leaders need to make informed decisions. BitSight Security Ratings also help prioritize resources based on the areas of greatest risk and continuously monitor IT infrastructure for vulnerabilities.
- BitSight Attack Surface Analytics provide broad security visibility into expanding digital footprints. BitSight helps to identify risk exposure from shadow IT, outdated software, undetected malware, unsecured access points, and misconfigured system. With BitSight’s solution, you can continuously measure the efficacy of security controls, gain insight into inherent risk, detect gaps in security controls, and remediate issues faster.
- BitSight Peer Analytics provide unprecedented visibility into security benchmarks for your industry, sector, and peer group. With insight from this BitSight solution, you can determine the ideal security posture that will help your company win new business and remain competitive. Peer Analytics also uncovers gaps in cybersecurity programs by comparing risk factors within peer groups.
- BitSight Enterprise Analytics takes the guesswork out of identifying risk concentration and enhances security performance across distributed enterprise groups.
- BitSight Forecasting helps assess current security performance based on historical analysis and qualitative and quantitative data about weaknesses in your security program. This BitSight solution enables security leaders to make more informed decisions about strategy and resources required to improve cybersecurity posture.
- BitSight Executive Reporting facilitates data-driven conversations with executives and board members. BitSight reports also enable security leaders to justify budgets and focus cybersecurity investments for the highest potential impact.
- BitSight Security Ratings for Benchmarking delivers a continuous, data-driven measure of security performance, providing the quantified baseline and comparative data security leaders need for data-driven decisions.
Why Choose BitSight?
BitSight is changing the way the world addresses cyber risk with the most widely adopted Security Ratings solution. Trusted by some of the world’s largest organizations, the BitSight platform is home to the most robust community of cyber risk professionals and interactions in the industry.
BitSight provides greater visibility into key areas of cyber risk that are correlated to breach, including compromised systems, open ports, filesharing, and mobile & desktop software. BitSight is also the only Security Rating Service provider with a third-party validated correlation to breach.
With 2,100+ customers worldwide, BitSight is the choice of 20% of the world countries, 25% of Fortune 500 companies, 4 of the top 5 investment banks, and all 4 of the Big 4 accounting firms.