Improving security visibility with Bitsight
As your digital footprint expands, it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain complete security visibility. From cloud storage instances to on-premise hardware to remote/home offices, your attack surface is growing larger and more complex by the day. Even with a well-designed security tech stack, you might not have a clear view of everything you need to see. To get a clear picture of your ecosystem and where cyber risk is concentrated, you need solutions that can deliver greater visibility to identify the gaps in your security programs and controls.
Bitsight for Security Performance Management provides superior security visibility so you can understand the true size of your attack surface and maximize the effectiveness of your efforts to protect it. Through continuous monitoring, broad measurement, and detailed cybersecurity planning and forecasting, Bitsight lets you make data-driven decisions on how to better manage your resources and protect your organization.
The challenge of security visibility in today’s IT environment
Your IT environment and expanding digital footprint present a number of critical challenges to security visibility.
- Your digital footprint today is probably much larger than you think, thanks to old URLs, forgotten domains, rogue IP addresses, and assets acquired through acquisition. If you’re unsure what assets you have, visibility into their security is impossible.
- SIEM monitoring tools are logging everything that happens your network. However, your SIEM solution can’t deliver the context required to understand the raw data it’s producing or show you how events are impacting your security performance.
- On-premise assets sit safely behind a firewall. But if they’re not patched, updated, and properly configured, it’s hard to know if they’re open to known vulnerabilities.
- Endpoints – and the people who use them – are the weakest links in your security chain. Endpoints are easy targets for malware and botnet infections, and file sharing among users represents significant risk exposure. To protect your organization, you need visibility into what endpoints are sending to and receiving from the Internet.
- Firewalls are a primary line of defense. But because so much business happens outside the network today, you need greater visibility about everything that’s entering and leaving the network.
- Subsidiaries and geos may have digital assets that aren’t in your official inventory. And without adequate visibility, it’s hard to know what data is out there and whether it safe.
- Shadow IT is always a concern. It’s easy today for users to spin up new cloud instances or deploy web services, and many of these may not be on your radar.
- Cloud services offer tremendous value but they expand your attack surface as well. Without expansive security visibility, it’s hard to know whether each cloud instance is properly configured, managed, and monitored.
- Remote offices present a growing challenge, as residential IP’s account for over 90% of all observed malware infections and compromised systems. To protect your far-flung workforce, you need greater visibility into your extended network.
Bitsight for Security Performance Management
Bitsight for Security Performance Management shines a light on the gaps in security visibility. From giving critical context to SIEM to spotting control gaps in firewalls and identifying risky remote office networks, Bitsight delivers greater visibility into your attack surface so you can take action to remediate issues.
Bitsight for Security Performance Management provides a continuous, risk-based, outcome-driven approach to cybersecurity. By measuring, monitoring, and managing program performance, Bitsight helps to drive accountability for security outcomes while enabling security leaders to make data-driven decisions on how to better manage resources and cybersecurity budgets.
Bitsight solutions are based on Bitsight Security Ratings, a dynamic and data-driven measurement of an organization’s cybersecurity performance. Bitsight’s daily ratings range from 250 to 900, with the current achievable range being 300-820 – higher ratings indicate more effective security practices – and are derived from objective, verifiable information. Bitsight ratings enhance security visibility by measuring security performance on a wide range of data points related to compromised systems, security diligence, user behavior, and publicly disclosed data breaches.
How Bitsight increases security visibility
With Bitsight for Security Performance Management, security leaders and risk managers can:
- Continuously assess cybersecurity posture. Bitsight provides actionable insight into the performance of security programs.
- Identify areas of unknown risk. Through continuous monitoring, Bitsight identifies gaps in cybersecurity controls such as misconfigurations, unpatched systems, and vulnerabilities across the digital ecosystem.
- Prioritize remediation. With Bitsight ratings, security teams can identify the areas of highest risk and focus cybersecurity investments and resources on remediation.
- Discover risk on remote networks. Security teams can easily gain visibility into cyber risk created by unmonitored and insecure home and remote office networks.
- Benchmark security performance. Security reporting makes it easy to compare the organization’s cybersecurity posture to other organizations and to uncover gaps based on a comparison of risk factors within a peer group.
- Enhance collaboration and accountability among teams. Bitsight enables entire organizations to unite around a common language and an objective set of KPIs for quantifying performance.
Why choose Bitsight for security visibility?
Bitsight transforms how companies manage information security and risk. Providing objective, verifiable, and actionable security ratings, Bitsight enables organizations to make faster, more strategic decisions about third-party cyber risk management and cybersecurity policy.
Founded in 2011, Bitsight has become the world’s most widely adopted security ratings solution. Fully 20% of the world countries trust Bitsight to protect national security. 50% of the world’s cyber insurance premiums are underwritten by Bitsight customers. 4 of the top 5 invested banks use Bitsight for vendor risk management. And Bitsight is the choice of 25% of Fortune 500 companies, all 4 of the big 4 accounting firms, and 7 of top 10 largest cyber insurers.