It is almost impossible for an organization to operate without utilizing third-party software or resources. Whether it’s the platform your HR team uses to handle payroll, or the analytics software used by your marketing department, organizations are trusting outside companies with their data and information in order to operate more efficiently.
In this whitepaper, you will find resources to help your security team better manage your vendors by properly assessing the inherent risk associated with each vendor. We will tackle questions to ask yourself and your vendors to evaluate the how critical the vendor is to your organization’s operations, including diving deeper into the following:
- What type of data are we storing with this third-party?
- What is this organization’s online reputation?
- Does this company have any available information on their security or compliance reports?
- Does this organization perform their own internal and third-party security assessments?
We also highlight important indicators of a vendor’s security posture and prioritization. In this whitepaper we focus on the details surrounding if a third-party has:
- Communication outside their network to known malicious websites or IP addresses.
- Not properly configuring or implementing basic external security controls.
Download the whitepaper to learn the basics of managing and assess your third-parties to build a secure risk management program.